An experience in Mr. Mikes gives guests a chance to let their hair down, relax and have some fun. Its a place where you don’t have to be something you’re not, you can just be yourself. It means tasty and affordable creations from our signature steak and Mikeburgers to our home-branded wines and beers. It’s about creating memories, uncontrollable laughs and the charm of warm service.
The restaurant business is all about the people. So we’re always looking for smiling faces with the right blend of smarts and personality to join our team.
Summary of Work Performed
The Kitchen Manager is a member of the operations team which provides a high level of support to the General Manager through the implementation and execution of food related company programs, systems & standards, team member training & development and a commitment to exceptional guest service (MIKES BEST) in MR MIKES SteakhouseCasual.
Specific Responsibilities & Expectations
- Expectation of a 45-55 hour work week.
- Effective execution of cooking and presentation standards, with minimization of QSA’s.
- Quality of product is a priority.
- Execution times consistently within expected standards
- Complete understanding of prep procedures and minimization of unnecessary waste through constant monitoring of prep and par levels.
- Daily, weekly and monthly inventories are performed and food cost calculation is completed at the close of business every Sunday.
- Food Cost must be controlled within the accepted costing structure and standards. Cost Cutting in not acceptable.
- Effective and efficient inventory control; dead stock is minimized and phased out of inventory, levels maintained at an acceptable level while ensuring shortages of product are avoided and over-ordering is avoided to prevent waste
- Accurate ordering which will include food, chemical, smallwares, paper goods an d MAY include bar supplies, non-alcoholic beverages and glassware.
- Product rotation and food storage area organization. KM to be actively involved with all major food/supply deliveries; checking orders for quality, accuracy and FIFO rotation principles are being followed. All delivery errors and credit issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Creation, implementation and utilization of daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists.
- All checklists follow criteria/expectations laid out in MR. MIKES Operational Excellence Review.
- Hiring and training of new kitchen team members. Proper orientation procedures are followed
- Utilization and upkeep of MR. MIKES standard food & beverage tracking software
Support & Communication
- Works directly with the General Manager on specific store performance issues that have been prioritized for action by operations.
- Assists General Manager in all aspects of restaurant management including but not limited to, prime cost analysis and controls (Cost of Goods, Labour), training and development of staff, and general execution of the MR. MIKES system in accordance with Brand Standards.
- Works with General Manager to develop and implement action plans that improve food cost and kitchen labour. Attends weekly Key Staff Meetings to ensure target results are being achieved.
- Supports implementation of new operational programs, systems and procedures. Follows up to ensure that staff are aware of new methods and are using them correctly.
- Communicates feedback from the staff to the General Manager. Communicates recommendations for improvements to the General Manager.
- Maintain a positive working environment for all staff and fellow management.
- Scheduling and labour controls understood and executed. Effective hiring and de-hiring practices.
- Daily one on ones, weekly team meetings and monthly job function meetings scheduled and documented
- Assists in the establishment and achievement of the operating budget for the restaurant.
- Responsible for remaining informed and interested in the foodservice industry, drawing to the attention of the General Manager trends, concepts, or ideas that may have application for MR. MIKES® SteakhouseCasual.
- Leads and/or participates in specific projects which may be assigned by operations from time to time
- Maintenance and upkeep of all kitchen manuals
- Successful roll out of features, menu updates and prep/cook & present procedures
- Communication to management team
- Roll out meetings with all team members
- High School Graduation
- Post – Secondary Education considered an enhanced asset but not a requirement
- Minimum 3 years of kitchen experience in high volume, casual dining restaurant
- Provincial Food Safety Certification
- Range based on experience