An experience in Mr. Mikes gives guests a chance to let their hair down, relax and have some fun. Its a place where you don’t have to be something you’re not, you can just be yourself. It means tasty and affordable creations from our signature steak and Mikeburgers to our home-branded wines and beers. It’s about creating memories, uncontrollable laughs and the charm of warm service.
The restaurant business is all about the people. So we’re always looking for smiling faces with the right blend of smarts and personality to join our team.
Summary of Work Performed
The primary purpose of this position is to accurately and efficiently execute all aspects of Mr. Mikes Cooking & Presenting procedures. The line cook will ensure all of our guests receive a dish with a high-quality presentation.
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing all duties
- Maintains full knowledge of all Mr. Mikes menus, recipes, offerings and other pertinent information relative to this position
- Use of standard recipe books (Preparation/Cook & Present Manuals) for preparing, cooking and presenting all Mr. Mikes menu items
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to Mr. Mikes standard portions sizes and recipe specifications
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products on line or in kitchen to ensure smooth service periods
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality and presentation of all items served
- Reports all equipment problems, out of stock items and kitchen maintenance issues to restaurant management/leaders.
- Use and understanding of Squirrel POS bill system (i.e. reading bills)
- Understand and comply consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Adhere to all food handling procedures as outlined in the Food Safety Plan of the Mr. Mikes Occupational Health & Safety Manual
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the kitchen manager or manager/leader on duty
- Completes assigned side work/duties during non-busy service periods
- Maintains a professional appearance, consistent with Mr. Mikes Dress Code standards, at all times
- Communicates effectively with all Mr. Mikes Team Members to help improve and/or enhance the overall guest experience
- Reports to work as scheduled, in dress code and ready to be in position
- Maintains a professional and friendly relationship with all Mr. Mikes Team Members
- Follows checklists and standard operating procedures
- Maintains a safe, clean, sanitized, and organized work area
- Washes dishes as necessary
- Constantly increasing their knowledge of Mr. Mikes food, beverages and other products and services.
- Works as part of a ‘TEAM’ by helping other TEAM MEMBERS perform the duties of their positions.
- Attend team member meetings and bring suggestions for improvement
- At least 16 years of age
- Maintains a current Provincially regulated Food Safety permit or certification
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules including weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to reach, bend and lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers/leaders and other team members
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must be able to follow direction and ask clarifying questions if required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced restaurant environment